The Rotoscopers discuss the 2011 Oscar winner for Best Animated Feature, Rango.
- Morgan and Chelsea watched the documentary "The Sweatbox"
- News: Glen Keane leaves Disney, The Art of the Secret World of Arrietty, and trailers for Secret of the Fairy Wings, Hotel Translyvania, and Rise of the Guardians
- Nerdy couch discussion: shift in character design and spinoffs
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles design changes over the years
- X-Men then and now
- Sabertooth then and now
- Disturbing animation style in the motion comic Astonishing X-Men: Gifted
- Main discussion: Rango
- When was the last time there was a western animated film?
- Is Rango just the "Johnny Depp show"?
- What classic Disney characters would you see Johnny Depp voicing?
- What we like about the film: atmosphere, character appeal and country critters
- Describe this movie in one word: texture
- Music: the mariachi owls = the Muses from Hercules + the mice from Babe
- The big question: which animals in animated films are beast of burden and which wear clothes
- What didn't we like: crude humor, should it have been rated PG-13, redundant plot (a la Aladdin)
- Is the film anti-religious and pro-spirituality? Or neutral religious-wise?
- Condundrums: not following his shadow, why did Tortoise John need the water?, what was Rango's real name
- Our rating: Four stars ★★★★ all around
- Our first mail bag segment!
- Bloopers: the time vortex returns from episode 1, Mason and Chelsea's southern accents
Runtime: 1:17:55, 37.4 MB
Where to Find Us:
■ Find us on the web: therotoscopers.com, twitter, facebook, YouTube, tumblr, hypable & Animated Views
■ Mason Smith: This Animated Life Blog, Twitter
■ Chelsea Robson: Facebook, Twitter
■ Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram
■ Visit our sponsors: Netflix, Audible, Amazon
■ Questions, comments, suggestions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
■ Send us a voicemail at therotoscopers.com/voicemail